BRISTOL, Tenn. - The YWCA Bristol Women's Fitness Spa is gearing up for its annual women's Turkey Trot and Gobbler's Gait 5K run/walk by offering an 8-week conditioning program Sept. 23 - Nov. 14 to motivate and prepare participants.
YW fitness professionals will lead participants through progressive intervals of walking and running that will safely and gradually build up endurance and stamina for the 5K run. Training will take place on the Turkey Trot race route, a certified and newly modified course that stretches across Bristol, Tenn. "Trotters" will also be instructed on proper techniques for warming-up, stretching, and race nutrition.
The program is free for YW Fitness Spa members and $80 for non-members.
Non-members will be entitled to use the YW Fitness Spa FREE of charge, including the whirlpool, sauna, and steam room, during their conditioning phase.
Ladies 13 and older are encouraged to call YWCA Bristol at 423.968.9444 for more information and to reserve their spot.
Visit www.ywcabristol.org to download a race registration form.
- Updated VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program