BRISTOL, Va. - A woman was sent to the hospital Friday night after her car ends up overturned on the train tracks in Bristol, Virginia.
It happened around 10:15 Friday night on Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard.
Police on the scene tell us the woman lost control of her vehicle.
"This vehicle had been traveling southbound on Martin Luther King Junior Blvd. and it lost control. From what a witness said, it was in the slow lane, southbound, come across the curb here in the middle, and lost control and hit this curb on the side, went up into the grassy area where it struck the railroad tracks. When it struck the railroad tracks it flipped over," says Officer Mark Edwards with the Bristol, VA Police Department.
Police say the driver was sent to the hospital with minor injuries. We're also told there was a dog in the car, which was injured as well. It was sent to Jones Animal Hospital for medical attention.
Officer Edwards tells us Norfolk Southern was called so they wouldn't send any trains while they were clearing the tracks.
The wreck is under investigation.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets