RICHLANDS, Va. - The investigation into a woman who was found lying next to a Southwest Virginia road leads to charges.
Richlands Police charged 29-year-old Joshua Vandyke with aggravated malicious wounding and assault and battery.
Police say a woman was found lying next to the road on Roberts Street Tuesday night. Police say the woman and Vandyke got into an argument in a home and, they believe, that led to an assault. News 5 has learned the woman escaped from the home and out into the road.
Joshua Vandyke is being held in the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Tazewell, without bail.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial