RICHLANDS, Va. - The investigation into a woman who was found lying next to a Southwest Virginia road leads to charges.
Richlands Police charged 29-year-old Joshua Vandyke with aggravated malicious wounding and assault and battery.
Police say a woman was found lying next to the road on Roberts Street Tuesday night. Police say the woman and Vandyke got into an argument in a home and, they believe, that led to an assault. News 5 has learned the woman escaped from the home and out into the road.
Joshua Vandyke is being held in the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Tazewell, without bail.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect