RICHLANDS, Va. - The investigation into a woman who was found lying next to a Southwest Virginia road leads to charges.
Richlands Police charged 29-year-old Joshua Vandyke with aggravated malicious wounding and assault and battery.
Police say a woman was found lying next to the road on Roberts Street Tuesday night. Police say the woman and Vandyke got into an argument in a home and, they believe, that led to an assault. News 5 has learned the woman escaped from the home and out into the road.
Joshua Vandyke is being held in the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Tazewell, without bail.
- New Video game player dies during non-stop marathon session
- New Correctional workers paint grim picture of Delaware prisons
- Updated 4 charged in death of 9-year-old boy with cerebral palsy
- Carter County robbery suspect captured
- Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College