BRISTOL, Va. - A woman is now recovering after Myrtle Beach, South Carolina after authorities say she was dragged 60 feet by a car driven by a Bristol, Virginia man.
75-year-old Robert Luis Doss is now charged with DUI. Emergency responders say a 20-year-old woman was hit by Doss' car, then dragged down the road.
Officers say Doss failed sobriety tests and refused to give a breath sample.
We've learned the woman is expected to be okay, but suffered broken bones and road rash.
Officers say Doss could face additional charges.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash