SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County, Tennessee authorities are investigating a deadly crash Monday night in Bristol. The Sheriff's Office says it happened on Carden Hollow Road just before 7:30.
Officers say their investigation shows Jennifer Ann Foster's car ran off the right side of the road. Officers say she over-corrected and lost control of the vehicle.
Foster's vehicle then veered into the oncoming lane of traffic and hit an SUV. The driver of the SUV and her five-year-old son were transported to the hospital but are expected to be okay.
Officers say Jennifer Foster was also taken to the hospital, where she later died.
Officers say it does appear alcohol and speed may have contributed to the crash. That investigation is ongoing.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane