BRISTOL, Tenn. - A woman is dead after Bristol, Tennessee officers tell us she tried to stop a rollaway car.
Authorities tell us they were called to the Springdale Road area near Coventry Court around 5:50 Friday afternoon.
They say Wanda Denise Jemes tried to stop the car as it rolled away, but could not. She was pinned between that car and another parked car. She was taken to the Bristol Regional Medical Center, but later died. No charges have been filed and foul play is not suspected.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect