ABINGDON, Va. - An Abingdon, Virginia woman is in jail after police say she stabbed a man Tuesday night.
Amanda Nicole Anderson, 25, is charged with aggravated malicious wounding.
According to Abingdon Police Chief Tony Sullivan, officers answered a call to Preston Street around 9:30 p.m. and found a 54-year-old man with a stab wound in his back.
Sullivan says the man was stabbed after getting into a verbal fight with Anderson, who is his girlfriend's daughter.
He says she grabbed a kitchen knife during that argument and stabbed the man.
Anderson is in the Abingdon regional jail without bond.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Updated Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death