WATAUGA COUNTY, N.C. - The Watauga County, North Carolina Sheriff's Office has charged a Banner Elk woman with drug trafficking.
35-year-old Selena Nicole Burleson was arrested Wednesday, after deputies say undercover officers bought Vicodin from her on two separate occasions. Deputies also accused her of having her four-year-old daughter with her while trafficking and selling the drug.
After the sale, deputies say Burleson was arrested. We're told, they found 90 Vicodin tablets, 6 Oxycodone tablets, and 7 Xanax tablets. Deputies say the street value of those drugs is around $800.
Burleson faces several drug possession and trafficking charges. She was taken to the Watauga County Detention Facility on a $75,000 bond, and is scheduled to be arraigned May 16th.
Deputies made arrangements to have Burleson's child taken care of at the time of her arrest.
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- New Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy