JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City investigation into the disappearance of more than $200,000 leads to the arrest of a Carter County woman.
Here's what we know -- Johnson City Police tell us they arrested Penny Freeman Thursday on an indictment through the Washington County grand jury. According to the investigation, Freeman is accused of embezzling more than $201,000 from 2009 to 2010 while she worked at Baird Machine Company.
Freeman is charged with theft and is now in the Washington County detention center. Her bond is set at $25,000.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City