JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City investigation into the disappearance of more than $200,000 leads to the arrest of a Carter County woman.
Here's what we know -- Johnson City Police tell us they arrested Penny Freeman Thursday on an indictment through the Washington County grand jury. According to the investigation, Freeman is accused of embezzling more than $201,000 from 2009 to 2010 while she worked at Baird Machine Company.
Freeman is charged with theft and is now in the Washington County detention center. Her bond is set at $25,000.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project