JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City investigation into the disappearance of more than $200,000 leads to the arrest of a Carter County woman.
Here's what we know -- Johnson City Police tell us they arrested Penny Freeman Thursday on an indictment through the Washington County grand jury. According to the investigation, Freeman is accused of embezzling more than $201,000 from 2009 to 2010 while she worked at Baird Machine Company.
Freeman is charged with theft and is now in the Washington County detention center. Her bond is set at $25,000.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event