JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City investigation into the disappearance of more than $200,000 leads to the arrest of a Carter County woman.
Here's what we know -- Johnson City Police tell us they arrested Penny Freeman Thursday on an indictment through the Washington County grand jury. According to the investigation, Freeman is accused of embezzling more than $201,000 from 2009 to 2010 while she worked at Baird Machine Company.
Freeman is charged with theft and is now in the Washington County detention center. Her bond is set at $25,000.
- Updated Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire