ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - A Carter County woman is facing charges in connection to a child abuse investigation.
The sheriff's department has released very few details about the investigation at this point.
The sheriff says the woman was charged as part of a severe sexual and child abuse investigation.
We are expecting to learn more about the case during an afternoon press conference at the sheriff's department.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport