ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - A Carter County woman is facing charges in connection to a child abuse investigation.
The sheriff's department has released very few details about the investigation at this point.
The sheriff says the woman was charged as part of a severe sexual and child abuse investigation.
We are expecting to learn more about the case during an afternoon press conference at the sheriff's department.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect