BRISTOL, Tenn. - A woman and child were attacked by a pit bull at Moore Street Park around two o'clock. According to Bristol, VA animal control the pit bull first attacked the child on the playground.
In response, the child's mother, 36-year-old Lisa Manis, stepped in. Neighbors tell us that a passerby got the dog off of the woman with an umbrella.
We're told Manis was looking after the dog for friends, and is currently in good condition.
Authorities say that the dog's owners were contacted, and gave consent to have the animal euthanized after the event. It was revealed that the dog had recently bitten another child in Sullivan County.
There are no charges at this time but the investigation is ongoing.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane