BRISTOL, Tenn. - A woman and child were attacked by a pit bull at Moore Street Park around two o'clock. According to Bristol, VA animal control the pit bull first attacked the child on the playground.
In response, the child's mother, 36-year-old Lisa Manis, stepped in. Neighbors tell us that a passerby got the dog off of the woman with an umbrella.
We're told Manis was looking after the dog for friends, and is currently in good condition.
Authorities say that the dog's owners were contacted, and gave consent to have the animal euthanized after the event. It was revealed that the dog had recently bitten another child in Sullivan County.
There are no charges at this time but the investigation is ongoing.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway