BRISTOL, Tenn. - A woman and child were attacked by a pit bull at Moore Street Park around two o'clock. According to Bristol, VA animal control the pit bull first attacked the child on the playground.
In response, the child's mother, 36-year-old Lisa Manis, stepped in. Neighbors tell us that a passerby got the dog off of the woman with an umbrella.
We're told Manis was looking after the dog for friends, and is currently in good condition.
Authorities say that the dog's owners were contacted, and gave consent to have the animal euthanized after the event. It was revealed that the dog had recently bitten another child in Sullivan County.
There are no charges at this time but the investigation is ongoing.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon