BRISTOL, Tenn. - About 200 kids started camp this week on the campus of King University. The Winshape Camps were started by Chick-fil-A Founder Truett Cathy.
“The main goal for the camp is to get kids from our community to come to it and learn a lot about Jesus,” Dave Pollard, of Bristol, Virginia's Chick-fil-A, said. “Then, really the goal is to plug them into other local churches in our community.”
It's a one week day camp for kids in first through ninth grade.
Other activities at the camp include archery, kickball and musical theater.
- Black Friday preparations: Retailers gearing up for shopping rush
- Thanksgiving travel creating high traffic; law enforcement taking extra measures
- Report: Man posts threat on Facebook planning to kill everyone in Knoxville with bomb
- Tennessee Highway Patrol encourages safe driving during holiday
- Salvation Army looks for volunteers for Red Kettle Campaign