BRISTOL, Tenn. - About 200 kids started camp this week on the campus of King University. The Winshape Camps were started by Chick-fil-A Founder Truett Cathy.
“The main goal for the camp is to get kids from our community to come to it and learn a lot about Jesus,” Dave Pollard, of Bristol, Virginia's Chick-fil-A, said. “Then, really the goal is to plug them into other local churches in our community.”
It's a one week day camp for kids in first through ninth grade.
Other activities at the camp include archery, kickball and musical theater.
- More help on the way for victims of sexual assault in Sullivan County
- Merger to encourage local investment and help insurance costs, health executives say
- Some Tri Cities residents seeing stacks of stink bugs
- Disc golf tournament bringing tourism to Johnson City
- Senior living community offers sensory gardens to help residents living with dementia