What to know: Crimea votes to break from Ukraine
Russia's President Vladimir Putin and the speakers of the country's upper and lower houses of parliament signed a deal Friday that formally concludes the annexation of Ukraine's Crimea region to Russia. Catch up on what's been happening in Crimea this tumultuous week.
Around The Watercooler
- Cops: Woman swallows stolen ring to 'hide it'
- Russian bank offers cats with mortgages
- 99 cans of beer in a pack
- PD: Mom hung up on missing child call to strip
- Feral cat forces elementary school to close
- The people who create their own 'countries'
- Cops: Meth suspects threw toilet at imagined attackers
- Police: Woman tried to burn down ex's house with bacon
- Giraffe tries to ride motorcycle (and fails)