KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Wellmont Health System's Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
• Monday, Nov. 4, 9-11:30 a.m., Morgan McClure Chevrolet GMC, Castlewood, Va.
• Monday, Nov. 4, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Walmart, Fort Henry Drive, Kingsport
• Monday, Nov. 4, 1-4 p.m., Castlewood High School, Castlewood, Va.
• Monday, Nov. 4, 2-5 p.m., East Tennessee Brain & Spine Center, Johnson City
• Tuesday, Nov. 5, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Milligan College, Milligan College
• Wednesday, Nov. 6, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., University of Virginia-Wise, Cantrell Hall, Wise, Va.
• Wednesday, Nov. 6, 3-6 p.m., Fellowship Baptist Church, Bluff City
• Thursday, Nov. 7, 7-10 a.m., Virginia Department of Transportation, Bristol, Va.
• Thursday, Nov. 7, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Virginia High School, Bristol, Va.
• Thursday, Nov. 7, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Wise, Va.
• Friday, Nov. 8, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m., Sullivan East High School, Bluff City
• Friday, Nov. 8, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Bristol Regional Medical Center, Walnut and Willow rooms, Bristol
For more than 60 years, Marsh Regional has supplied blood to healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and all donations stay local to help people in this region.
Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at Marsh Regional's collection centers: 102 E. Ravine Road, Kingsport and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
Beginning Monday, Nov. 4, donors may give at Marsh Regional's new Kingsport location, 111 W. Stone Drive, Suite 300.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-224-5888 or visit www.marshblood.com.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project