BRISTOL, Tenn. - Wellmont Health System opened the doors to its fourth urgent care center in Bristol earlier this week. An official ribbon cutting for the facility was held this morning.
The center on the Volunteer Parkway has six exam rooms, full x-ray capabilities and on site labs. An addition to the health systems network is designed for services not requiring an emergency room visit.
Chief Executive Medical Officer, Dr. Stephen Combs tells us, "For certain things, you really need to see your primary physician. You really need to have a patient's medical home. There are other times, nights, weekends, holidays where that may not be convenient. Urgent care can fill that need for a non-emergency condition."
The facility will hold a free community celebration this Saturday from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. to introduce themselves to the Bristol community.
Regular hours are from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. on weekends with no appointment necessary.
- Updated VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program