BRISTOL, Tenn. - Wellmont Health System opened the doors to its fourth urgent care center in Bristol earlier this week. An official ribbon cutting for the facility was held this morning.
The center on the Volunteer Parkway has six exam rooms, full x-ray capabilities and on site labs. An addition to the health systems network is designed for services not requiring an emergency room visit.
Chief Executive Medical Officer, Dr. Stephen Combs tells us, "For certain things, you really need to see your primary physician. You really need to have a patient's medical home. There are other times, nights, weekends, holidays where that may not be convenient. Urgent care can fill that need for a non-emergency condition."
The facility will hold a free community celebration this Saturday from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. to introduce themselves to the Bristol community.
Regular hours are from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. on weekends with no appointment necessary.
- New Double-up: Tri Cities' Kroger stores not included in coupon cancellation
- 'Genius Hour' inspiring unique products from Bristol middle schoolers
- Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond