BRISTOL, Tenn. - Wellmont Health System opened the doors to its fourth urgent care center in Bristol earlier this week. An official ribbon cutting for the facility was held this morning.
The center on the Volunteer Parkway has six exam rooms, full x-ray capabilities and on site labs. An addition to the health systems network is designed for services not requiring an emergency room visit.
Chief Executive Medical Officer, Dr. Stephen Combs tells us, "For certain things, you really need to see your primary physician. You really need to have a patient's medical home. There are other times, nights, weekends, holidays where that may not be convenient. Urgent care can fill that need for a non-emergency condition."
The facility will hold a free community celebration this Saturday from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. to introduce themselves to the Bristol community.
Regular hours are from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. on weekends with no appointment necessary.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone