BRISTOL, Tenn. - Wellmont Health System's Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
• Monday, April 29, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Jacobs Creek Job Corps, Bristol
• Monday, April 29, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Virginia High School, Bristol, Va.
• Tuesday, April 30, 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Twin Springs High School, Nickelsville, Va.
• Tuesday, April 30, 1-5 p.m., Appalachian Christian Village management office, Princeton Road, Johnson City
• Wednesday, May 1, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Gate City High School, Gate City, Va.
• Wednesday, May 1, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Rye Cove High School, Duffield, Va.
• Wednesday, May 1, 5-8 p.m., State Street United Methodist Church, Bristol, Va.
• Thursday, May 2, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Wise County Christian School, Wise, Va.
• Thursday, May 2, 1-4 p.m., Heritage Hall Healthcare and Rehabilitation Centers, Wise, Va.
• Thursday, May 2, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Wise, Va.
• Thursday, May 2, 2-5 p.m., The Chamber of Commerce serving Johnson City-Jonesborough-Washington County, Johnson City
• Friday, May 3, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Tennessee High School, Bristol
• Friday, May 3, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Milligan College, Milligan College
• Saturday, May 4, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Julia Davis Collection Center, Kingsport
• Saturday, May 4, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Dobyns-Bennett High School, Kingsport
• Saturday, May 4, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Holston Medical Group, West Stone Drive, Kingsport
• Sunday, May 5, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., St. Dominic's Catholic Church, Kingspor
As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood – and an individual's blood donation to Marsh Regional stays local to help people in this region. Marsh Regional supplies blood to 22 healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at any of Marsh Regional's collection centers: 102 E. Ravine Road, Kingsport; 1996 W. State St., Bristol; and 1 Professional Park Blvd., Suite 14, Johnson City.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-224-5888 or visit www.marshblood.com.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day