BRISTOL, Va. - Friday a press conference was held to announce Sheriff Jack Weisenburger will be running in the upcoming election.
He says he will be running for re-election as Sheriff for Bristol, Virginia on November 5.
Weisenburger is in his third term as sheriff.
He has 34 years of continuous law enforcement experience and service to the citizens of Bristol, Virginia.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests