BRISTOL, Va. - Friday a press conference was held to announce Sheriff Jack Weisenburger will be running in the upcoming election.
He says he will be running for re-election as Sheriff for Bristol, Virginia on November 5.
Weisenburger is in his third term as sheriff.
He has 34 years of continuous law enforcement experience and service to the citizens of Bristol, Virginia.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash