Wellmont Health System and Marsh Regional Blood Center kick off a week of blood drives across the region Monday. The week's drives begin at Honaker and Council High Schools, both in Honaker, Virginia.
Officials tell News 5, as many as three lives can be saved each time a person donates blood. To donate, you must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more, and be in good health.
Here is a list of the week's blood drives:
· Monday, April 14, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Honaker High School, Honaker, Va.
· Monday, April 14, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Council High School, Honaker, Va.
· Tuesday, April 15, 7-11 a.m., Kingsport Public Works Department, Kingsport
· Tuesday, April 15, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Northeast State Community College, Blountville
· Tuesday, April 15, noon-4 p.m., Northeast State Community College, Kingsport
· Wednesday, April 16, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Russell County Career & Technology Center, Lebanon, Va.
· Wednesday, April 16, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Southwest Virginia Community College, Cedar Bluff, Va.
· Thursday, April 17, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Tennessee High School, Bristol
· Thursday, April 17, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Morgan McClure Chevrolet GMC, Castlewood, Va.
· Thursday, April 17, noon-6 p.m., Sycamore Shoals Hospital, Elizabethton
· Thursday, April 17, 3-6 p.m., Food City, St. Paul, Va.
· Friday, April 18, 7:45 a.m.-2 p.m., Dobyns-Bennett High School, Kingsport
Donations are also accepted Marsh Regional Blood Center's collection centers located at 111W. Stone Drive, Suite 300 in Kingsport, and 1996 W. State Street in Bristol.