We have had a mixed batch of precipitation across the southern Appalachians overnight. Reports of snow, sleet, and rain have been seen.
Right now, most of the region is seeing a cold rain. However, colder mountain valleys will still have the potential for some freezing rain through mid-morning.
Here's what viewers have reported last night...
Tennessee: Kingsport, Fall Branch, Blountville, Church Hill, Mount Carmel, Indian Springs.
Virginia: Meadowview, Hiltons, Norton, Duffield, Abingdon
Virginia: Pound, Clintwood, Duffield, Haysi, Fort Blackmore, Rose Hill, Coeburn, Nickelsville, Wise, Castlewood, Jonesville
We will keep you updated with any other information that we gather. Just a reminder to take caution on the roadways because it may be slick in spots.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash