KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport Water Distribution crews will be working to replace about 1600 feet of 10 inch main water transmission line with new 12 inch line along Riverport Road beginning Monday, April 8, 2013.
The work will take approximately two weeks to complete and will require the closure of at least one travel lane during construction.
Water line work will take place beginning near AEP's facility on Riverport and continuing back toward South Wilcox Drive.
Hours of construction will be weekdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Flag persons will be on site to direct traffic and motorists should expect delays while in progress.
As always, motorists are advised to seek alternate routes and use caution in the work zone.
While the work will impact motorists, it will not require water service disruptions to any of the businesses or industries located along Riverport Road.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane