KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport Water Distribution crews will be working to replace about 1600 feet of 10 inch main water transmission line with new 12 inch line along Riverport Road beginning Monday, April 8, 2013.
The work will take approximately two weeks to complete and will require the closure of at least one travel lane during construction.
Water line work will take place beginning near AEP's facility on Riverport and continuing back toward South Wilcox Drive.
Hours of construction will be weekdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Flag persons will be on site to direct traffic and motorists should expect delays while in progress.
As always, motorists are advised to seek alternate routes and use caution in the work zone.
While the work will impact motorists, it will not require water service disruptions to any of the businesses or industries located along Riverport Road.
- New ETSU student reports she was sexually assaulted on campus
- Updated Food City and United Way begin annual program to help feed children
- Updated Jail inmates escape in Hawkins County
- Deer feeding prohibited in Virginia starting September 1
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway