WATAUGA COUNTY, N.C. - A western North Carolina teacher is facing child sex charges dating back to 1998.
The Watauga County Sheriff's Office says they arrested Amy Bower and charged her with sexual activity with a student and indecent liberties with a child.
Investigators says she had inappropriate contact with students who were minors in the Watauga County school district between 1998 and 2000, then again from 2004 to 2006.
She's due back in court in 3 weeks.
- New Baby raccoons saved following Bristol storm
- New Department of Corrections holds law enforcement appreciation lunch
- New Severe weather traps residents in vehicles, hits homes
- New Hall of Famer's widow causes stir with memorabilia auction
- Updated Sextuplets thriving after delivery at Virginia hospital