WATAUGA COUNTY, N.C. - A western North Carolina teacher is facing child sex charges dating back to 1998.
The Watauga County Sheriff's Office says they arrested Amy Bower and charged her with sexual activity with a student and indecent liberties with a child.
Investigators says she had inappropriate contact with students who were minors in the Watauga County school district between 1998 and 2000, then again from 2004 to 2006.
She's due back in court in 3 weeks.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone