WATAUGA COUNTY, N.C. - A western North Carolina teacher is facing child sex charges dating back to 1998.
The Watauga County Sheriff's Office says they arrested Amy Bower and charged her with sexual activity with a student and indecent liberties with a child.
Investigators says she had inappropriate contact with students who were minors in the Watauga County school district between 1998 and 2000, then again from 2004 to 2006.
She's due back in court in 3 weeks.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next