WATAUGA COUNTY, N.C. - A western North Carolina teacher is facing child sex charges dating back to 1998.
The Watauga County Sheriff's Office says they arrested Amy Bower and charged her with sexual activity with a student and indecent liberties with a child.
Investigators says she had inappropriate contact with students who were minors in the Watauga County school district between 1998 and 2000, then again from 2004 to 2006.
She's due back in court in 3 weeks.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane