You can blame it on the morning rain, or the races at Bristol. There were few people at Boone Lake Marina Sunday, but that hasn't been the case recently.
News 5 learned there has been a lot more activity at the marina. It's been unseasonably warm lately - and places such as boat docks and marinas are noticing a difference.
"We've noticed a lot more boats coming in and out,? says Ray Miller with Boone Lake Marina. ?Fishing has been great."
The itch for spring seems to have hit. Miller says a lot of folks are getting ready for spring and coming to look at boats, pontoons and ski?s.
Others are putting the final touches on their own boats.
"I?m trying to get my boat ready for the season," says Piney Flats resident Larry Jimenez. ?The unseasonably warm weather this year has got me thinking about doing this a lot earlier," he says.
And it seems other folks are doing the same. Boat owners tell News 5, last year only two or three boats were anchored on the docks. This year however they say about 12 boats are anchored at the docks.
And these boat owners have confidence. They say it's not too early to get prepared.
?Spring like weather is here to stay," says Jimenez
Here are more facts News 5 learned: water levels on Boone Lake are still low. Boaters say this time of year there is more debris floating in the waters. We're told boaters should be cautious when out on the waters this time of year.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone