Football practice fields at Virginia Tech are being renamed the Steve Johnson Practice Fields in recognition of Bristol's Steve Johnson.
Johnson was a tight end for the Hokies in the mid and late 1980s and also earned his bachelor's degree from the school.
Johnson currently serves as president and owner of Johnson Commercial Development, which is currently developing the Pinnacle project, which will house the new Bass Pro Shop outfitter store in Bristol, Tennessee.
Johnson says his experience playing football at the collegiate and professional levels helped prepare him to succeed in business.
- Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development