Football practice fields at Virginia Tech are being renamed the Steve Johnson Practice Fields in recognition of Bristol's Steve Johnson.
Johnson was a tight end for the Hokies in the mid and late 1980s and also earned his bachelor's degree from the school.
Johnson currently serves as president and owner of Johnson Commercial Development, which is currently developing the Pinnacle project, which will house the new Bass Pro Shop outfitter store in Bristol, Tennessee.
Johnson says his experience playing football at the collegiate and professional levels helped prepare him to succeed in business.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment