BRISTOL, Tenn. - The Bill Gatton Memorial Freedom 5K is scheduled to take place May 25th.
Proceeds will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation and ALS.
Volunteers are needed to help with registration, water stands and the course turns.
Organizers will be having a pasta dinner the night before, May 24, at the Bill Gatton Honda Used Car Building on the Volunteer Parkway in Bristol from 6-8pm.
That event is to allow organizers the opportunity to go over expectations for volunteers for the following morning.
All volunteers are expected to arrive at the Bristol Train Station at 6:30 am to help set up and get in their positions. The race will be finished by 10:00 am.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Damara Colley at 423-360-6352.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death