BRISTOL, Tenn. - The Bill Gatton Memorial Freedom 5K is scheduled to take place May 25th.
Proceeds will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation and ALS.
Volunteers are needed to help with registration, water stands and the course turns.
Organizers will be having a pasta dinner the night before, May 24, at the Bill Gatton Honda Used Car Building on the Volunteer Parkway in Bristol from 6-8pm.
That event is to allow organizers the opportunity to go over expectations for volunteers for the following morning.
All volunteers are expected to arrive at the Bristol Train Station at 6:30 am to help set up and get in their positions. The race will be finished by 10:00 am.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Damara Colley at 423-360-6352.
- New Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School