ABINGDON, Va. - A popular summer festival needs your help. The Virginia Highlands Festival in Abingdon is still looking for volunteers.
The 10-day event takes place from August 1 to 10 and celebrates Appalachian tradition. It features concerts, craft shows, antiques and lectures.
The festival is a non-profit event that relies on more than a hundred volunteers each year.
Festival producer Becky Caldwell says they need volunteers for several different jobs. "We are looking to staff our entry gate, our music ticket sales, indoor at the arts depot at the William King Museum of Art for our exhibits, and we are looking for help on our board," she said.
If you're interested in volunteering, you can call (276) 623-5266 or visit vahighlandsfestival.org for more information.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Search underway for endangered child and suspected kidnapper
- ETSU protest crasher appears in court, peaceful rally continues on campus
- Tennessee Highway Patrol alerts drivers about gunshots on I-81