ABINGDON, Va. - A popular summer festival needs your help. The Virginia Highlands Festival in Abingdon is still looking for volunteers.
The 10-day event takes place from August 1 to 10 and celebrates Appalachian tradition. It features concerts, craft shows, antiques and lectures.
The festival is a non-profit event that relies on more than a hundred volunteers each year.
Festival producer Becky Caldwell says they need volunteers for several different jobs. "We are looking to staff our entry gate, our music ticket sales, indoor at the arts depot at the William King Museum of Art for our exhibits, and we are looking for help on our board," she said.
If you're interested in volunteering, you can call (276) 623-5266 or visit vahighlandsfestival.org for more information.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day