BRISTOL, Tenn. - Call it 'cupcakes for a cause' -- Blackbird Bakery in Bristol, Tennessee and Healing Hands Health Center are making a difference on Valentine's Day.
Volunteers packed up and delivered box after box of cupcakes for people who made a donation of $50 to the health center. The money they make will go to help patients who are uninsured or underinsured get the medical and dental care they need.
Despite the snow, cupcake carriers like Melissa Steward say they are happy to make the deliveries. "It is a good time to be able to see people when you deliver the cupcakes," she said. "When they're surprised and they're not expecting it, it's a warm feeling to get out and do this today.
Healing Hands Health Center volunteers delivered 600 cupcakes; They met their goal to raise $20,000.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend