BRISTOL, Va. - Above the hustle and bustle of downtown Bristol are some of the area's most luxurious lofts, and Saturday the people who live in them opened up their doors to the public.
Believe In Bristol hosted their ninth-annual From the Top Down Loft Tour. The tours showcased 19 loft-style apartments in downtown Bristol.
Most of the lofts are situated above the street-level stores and restaurants.
Karen Hester is the owner of Cranberry Lane on State Street, and she lives right above her store. "The exciting part of living in downtown is the convenience of everything, being able to walk out of your front door and find one of the great restaurants, or go to a show at the Paramount, or visit one the art galleries or to shop at the stores. You are right in the heart of everything," said Hester.
Hester owns six of the downtown loft apartments.
The money raised from the tours will go to benefit Believe In Bristol and downtown revitalization efforts.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- New Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City