BRISTOL, Va. - Above the hustle and bustle of downtown Bristol are some of the area's most luxurious lofts, and Saturday the people who live in them opened up their doors to the public.
Believe In Bristol hosted their ninth-annual From the Top Down Loft Tour. The tours showcased 19 loft-style apartments in downtown Bristol.
Most of the lofts are situated above the street-level stores and restaurants.
Karen Hester is the owner of Cranberry Lane on State Street, and she lives right above her store. "The exciting part of living in downtown is the convenience of everything, being able to walk out of your front door and find one of the great restaurants, or go to a show at the Paramount, or visit one the art galleries or to shop at the stores. You are right in the heart of everything," said Hester.
Hester owns six of the downtown loft apartments.
The money raised from the tours will go to benefit Believe In Bristol and downtown revitalization efforts.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction