Virginia's unemployment rate continues to fall and remains below the national average.
The Virginia Employment Commission says Virginia's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate of 5.7% in February is the lowest rate since January of 2009.
Virginia's jobless rate has been decreasing since peaking at 7.3% in January of 2010 but had risen slightly from July through September last year.
Virginia's rate is still below the national average which remained at 8.3% in February after five straight monthly declines.
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough