Virginia's unemployment rate continues to fall and remains below the national average.
The Virginia Employment Commission says Virginia's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate of 5.7% in February is the lowest rate since January of 2009.
Virginia's jobless rate has been decreasing since peaking at 7.3% in January of 2010 but had risen slightly from July through September last year.
Virginia's rate is still below the national average which remained at 8.3% in February after five straight monthly declines.
- Updated Virginia outperforms most states on national science tests
- Updated Warm and dry weather this week causes higher fire danger
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University