Virginia's unemployment rate continues to fall and remains below the national average.
The Virginia Employment Commission says Virginia's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate of 5.7% in February is the lowest rate since January of 2009.
Virginia's jobless rate has been decreasing since peaking at 7.3% in January of 2010 but had risen slightly from July through September last year.
Virginia's rate is still below the national average which remained at 8.3% in February after five straight monthly declines.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport