Virginia's unemployment rate continues to fall and remains below the national average.
The Virginia Employment Commission says Virginia's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate of 5.7% in February is the lowest rate since January of 2009.
Virginia's jobless rate has been decreasing since peaking at 7.3% in January of 2010 but had risen slightly from July through September last year.
Virginia's rate is still below the national average which remained at 8.3% in February after five straight monthly declines.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game