Virginia's unemployment rate continues to fall and remains below the national average.
The Virginia Employment Commission says Virginia's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate of 5.7% in February is the lowest rate since January of 2009.
Virginia's jobless rate has been decreasing since peaking at 7.3% in January of 2010 but had risen slightly from July through September last year.
Virginia's rate is still below the national average which remained at 8.3% in February after five straight monthly declines.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend