BRISTOL, VA. - Can you imagine being born in 1914? Ethel Wallace can.
Ethel is turning 100 on May 29th.
Her church, Fellowship Chapel, held a birthday party Sunday. She has been a part of the church for 37 years.
The party included several cakes, lots of food, and songs.
She hasn't reached a century yet, but she was named "queen" at her church for becoming its oldest member, which she said gives her a funny feeling.
Ethel also said the key to reaching 100 is "good clean living."
"I said I hope the Lord didn't let me die for [three] more days till I have my birthday," Wallace says.
Ethel has 2 grandchildren, 5 great grandchildren, and 5 great great grandchildren. She has also seen 17 different presidents.
Her pastor said she is the sweetest woman at Fellowship Chapel, and people were lining up to congratulate her.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next