LOUISA COUNTY, Va. - A mother has been charged in the death of her six-month-old child.
Tristan Goodwin faces involuntary manslaughter and child abuse charges. Police say back in March, Goodwin's baby was found not breathing at a home on Roundabout Road in Louisa County, Virginia.
The original cause of death was believed to be sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Following lab results, a lethal dose of Benadryl and high levels of Tylenol were found in the baby's system.
A grand jury indicted Goodwin in November. She was located last week.
She is now in the Central Virginia Regional Jail without bond.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project