BRISTOL, Va. - A golden anniversary is one of the most celebrated, but a local woman is actually celebrating 50 years on the job.
On Wednesday friends, coworkers, and the community helped Lynda Kilby celebrate her 50th anniversary working in the banking industry.
Kilby says she started working at 18 years old and adds things never say the same, including coworkers. "I'm now working with some of my coworkers, I started working with their grandparents," she said.
Kilby also has a word of advice for others: work is full of ups and downs, but keep moving forward and weather the storm.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect