BRISTOL, Va. - A golden anniversary is one of the most celebrated, but a local woman is actually celebrating 50 years on the job.
On Wednesday friends, coworkers, and the community helped Lynda Kilby celebrate her 50th anniversary working in the banking industry.
Kilby says she started working at 18 years old and adds things never say the same, including coworkers. "I'm now working with some of my coworkers, I started working with their grandparents," she said.
Kilby also has a word of advice for others: work is full of ups and downs, but keep moving forward and weather the storm.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson