BRISTOL, Va. - A golden anniversary is one of the most celebrated, but a local woman is actually celebrating 50 years on the job.
On Wednesday friends, coworkers, and the community helped Lynda Kilby celebrate her 50th anniversary working in the banking industry.
Kilby says she started working at 18 years old and adds things never say the same, including coworkers. "I'm now working with some of my coworkers, I started working with their grandparents," she said.
Kilby also has a word of advice for others: work is full of ups and downs, but keep moving forward and weather the storm.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting