A woman is now arrested on an attempted murder charge after she dragged a Norton, Virginia police officer alongside her vehicle while he tried to arrest her.
Wise County deputies said Christi Jo Russell was apprehended in the Riverview area of Coeburn Wednesday evening.
A report issued Wednesday identified the suspect as Christi Jo Russell who is also known as Christi Jo Bolling who was wanted for unspecified charges at the time of the incident.
Russell was spotted at a convenience store on East Park Avenue on Monday afternoon just after 5 p.m. and a tip was given to city police. Acting Sgt. Jason McConnell spoke with the suspect who stepped out of the vehicle and gave the officer incorrect information.
The woman resisted the officer when he tried to handcuff her and she managed to get back into the vehicle. The report said the officer was halfway inside the car when Russell drove away, forcing the policeman to push himself out of the window and fall onto the roadway.
Russell is charged with attempted capital murder, resisting arrest, escape with force, felony eluding, assault on a law enforcement officer and providing false information to law enforcement.
Anyone with information on Russell's whereabouts can call (276) 679-1211.
- Kingsport veteran and his mother receive Holston Habitat home
- Tractor Trailer crash on I-81 causing delays
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need