WISE COUNTY, Va. - Brandi Baldwin entered an Alford plea in an emotion-filled courtroom Tuesday morning in Wise County, Virginia.
She agreed that the state had more than enough evidence to convict her on charges stemming from the death of her 2-year old daughter Emma. Those charges were one count of felony murder and three counts of felony child abuse.
We learned Baldwin was sentenced to 30 years -- 14 to serve and 15 years probation upon release. We also discovered that she still has two drug charges pending.
We asked Wise County Chief Deputy Commonwealth's Attorney Adrian Collins whether he was satisfied with the outcome of the case. Collins told us that the sentence is consistent with other cases in the state of a similar nature.
- Updated Police investigation into Newport News suspect ends in Smyth County
- Greene County teen admits to murder
- Updated Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger
- Hot summer weather ruins crops in the region, benefits others
- Police identify person of interest in old General Mills building fire