NORTON, Va. - Norton police chief James Lane confirmed Thursday that 18-year-old Jahnae Foster of Wise County died from injuries she suffered after being shot.
Melquan Huntley has been charged in the case. An additional charge of involuntary manslaughter has been placed against him.
He is currently being held in the Duffield regional jail.
The body has been sent to Roanoke.
The case is still active and charges could be changed.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane