NORTON, Va. - Norton police chief James Lane confirmed Thursday that 18-year-old Jahnae Foster of Wise County died from injuries she suffered after being shot.
Melquan Huntley has been charged in the case. An additional charge of involuntary manslaughter has been placed against him.
He is currently being held in the Duffield regional jail.
The body has been sent to Roanoke.
The case is still active and charges could be changed.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial