NORTON, Va. - Norton police chief James Lane confirmed Thursday that 18-year-old Jahnae Foster of Wise County died from injuries she suffered after being shot.
Melquan Huntley has been charged in the case. An additional charge of involuntary manslaughter has been placed against him.
He is currently being held in the Duffield regional jail.
The body has been sent to Roanoke.
The case is still active and charges could be changed.
- Kingsport police searching for five sex offenders
- Updated Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Volvo recalls 44K vehicles; leak can cause air bag problem
- New Fundraiser and concert to be held for John Battle coach who has brain cancer
- Updated UPDATE: Elizabethon police identify suspect in credit card theft case