NORTON, Va. - Norton police chief James Lane confirmed Thursday that 18-year-old Jahnae Foster of Wise County died from injuries she suffered after being shot.
Melquan Huntley has been charged in the case. An additional charge of involuntary manslaughter has been placed against him.
He is currently being held in the Duffield regional jail.
The body has been sent to Roanoke.
The case is still active and charges could be changed.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day