WISE, Va. - An engineering firm that works with the coal industry is closing an office in Wise, Virginia.
Summit engineering is based in Pikeville, Kentucky.
A company spokesperson says they're closing due to the profound economic effect on the Appalachian region due to declining coal prices.
The company says it will continue to serve clients in Wise from other offices.
They did not release the exact number of employees at this specific office, but said they would be reassigned if opportunities existed.
- Kingsport police investigating suspicious death on Bruce Street
- Greeneville Couple Accused of Trying to Sell A Child on Craigslist
- Indivisible Greene County rally brings out protestors rallying for unity
- Kingsport hosts annual Carousel Fine Craft Show
- UVA-Wise hosts 24-hour student Hackathon in Abingdon