KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - We have an update about the two-year-old girl admitted to the hospital Friday after being unable to breathe.
A man, who tells us he is her father, Benjamin Baldwin, sent us an email saying his daughter Emma Marie Baldwin died Monday at a hospital in Knoxville. He claims she died from physical trauma.
On Monday, Wise County authorities told us they received a call to Pole Bridge Road on Friday about a child not breathing. They say the girl was taken to Norton Community Hospital and then onto Knoxville.
We confirmed with Knoxville authorities that Emma's mother, Brandie Baldwin, and her boyfriend, Juwan Moore, are in custody there on unrelated charges. They're charged with violating their probation.
Wise County authorities tell us they are investigating this case along with the help of Virginia State Police. They say they are waiting on autopsy results before releasing any more information.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event