KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - We have an update about the two-year-old girl admitted to the hospital Friday after being unable to breathe.
A man, who tells us he is her father, Benjamin Baldwin, sent us an email saying his daughter Emma Marie Baldwin died Monday at a hospital in Knoxville. He claims she died from physical trauma.
On Monday, Wise County authorities told us they received a call to Pole Bridge Road on Friday about a child not breathing. They say the girl was taken to Norton Community Hospital and then onto Knoxville.
We confirmed with Knoxville authorities that Emma's mother, Brandie Baldwin, and her boyfriend, Juwan Moore, are in custody there on unrelated charges. They're charged with violating their probation.
Wise County authorities tell us they are investigating this case along with the help of Virginia State Police. They say they are waiting on autopsy results before releasing any more information.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway