WISE COUNTY, Va. - Four laid-off Virginia coal miners say West Virginia-based Justice Energy violated federal law when it let 150 workers go without adequate notice.
The workers sued over layoffs at mining operations in Wise County. The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act requires companies, with at least 100 employees, to give 60 days' notice of mass layoffs.
The miners' attorney is seeking 60 days' pay in compensation for his clients.
Justice Energy has not yet commented on the lawsuit.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend