NORTON, Va. - The Wellmont CVA Heart Institute, which has served Wise County patients with superior cardiovascular care for more than 30 years, is growing to better meet the community's needs.
The heart institute relocated on Monday, Feb. 25, to a new, more spacious office at 615 Commonwealth Drive NE in Norton Commons.
The practice was previously located at 295 Wharton Lane.
Dr. Orson Go and Dr. Anilkumar Joshi, who are board-certified cardiologists, and Carol Haworth, a nurse practitioner, provide cardiology consultations and follow-up care in the office.
They will now have five patient exam rooms, an increase of two, which became essential because the number of patients entrusting their care to the heart institute's Norton office continues to rise.
The new office contains space for growth in cardiovascular clinics and diagnostic testing. The physicians currently utilize Mountain View Regional Medical Center and Lonesome Pine Hospital for transthoracic echocardiograms, nuclear stress tests, cardiac CT scans and HeartSHAPE® calcium scoring tests.
Should they need additional care, patients have seamless access to the heart institute's other 12 offices and Wellmont Health System hospitals. The heart institute is the largest and most comprehensive cardiovascular practice in the region, with 45 physicians in Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash