APPALACHIA, Va. - Water woes are over for the town of Appalachia.
Town Manager Fred Luntsford tells us everyone can turn their water back on now.
At one point, around 80 households had to turn water off because their old pipes could not handle normal water pressure associated with the new water system.
The town replaced pipes and valves, some of which were about 100 years old.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction