WISE COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police are investigating a deadly two-car crash in Wise County.
It happened around 11:45 Tuesday morning, at the intersection of U.S. 23 and Route 671. Police say a car was crossing the southbound lanes of U.S. 23 when it pulled into the path of another car.
The driver of the car crossing over was identified as Henderson Brock, of Eolia, Kentucky. He was flown to the hospital. The passenger, Lois Brock, died at the scene. The driver of the other car, 68-year-old Farley Dutton of Clintwood, Virginia, and his passenger, Fred Mullins, were taken to the hospital.
Troopers say charges are pending.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting