WISE COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police are investigating a deadly two-car crash in Wise County.
It happened around 11:45 Tuesday morning, at the intersection of U.S. 23 and Route 671. Police say a car was crossing the southbound lanes of U.S. 23 when it pulled into the path of another car.
The driver of the car crossing over was identified as Henderson Brock, of Eolia, Kentucky. He was flown to the hospital. The passenger, Lois Brock, died at the scene. The driver of the other car, 68-year-old Farley Dutton of Clintwood, Virginia, and his passenger, Fred Mullins, were taken to the hospital.
Troopers say charges are pending.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport