WISE COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police are investigating a deadly two-car crash in Wise County.
It happened around 11:45 Tuesday morning, at the intersection of U.S. 23 and Route 671. Police say a car was crossing the southbound lanes of U.S. 23 when it pulled into the path of another car.
The driver of the car crossing over was identified as Henderson Brock, of Eolia, Kentucky. He was flown to the hospital. The passenger, Lois Brock, died at the scene. The driver of the other car, 68-year-old Farley Dutton of Clintwood, Virginia, and his passenger, Fred Mullins, were taken to the hospital.
Troopers say charges are pending.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane