State housing leaders awarded a Community Development Block Grant to Wise County to help homeowners whose dwellings were damages during a winter storm in 2015.
The report from the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development and Gov. Terry McAuliffe said the locality would receive $597,000 to help in the rehabilitation or substantial reconstruction of homes damaged in the weather event two years ago that dumped two feet of snow on the region.
Lee County officials will also take delivery of more than $350,000 to assist homeowners there. A total of 18 homes will be repaired thanks to the grant.
- Weber City festival to help families with overwhelming medical bills
- Washington County commissioners reassuring citizens after drug treatment center opens
- UPDATE: Judge reverses decision in mother's conviction of Noah Thomas
- Judge weighs suit filed by former Subway pitchman's ex-wife
- Jonesborough post office undergoing transformation