COEBURN, Va. - Coeburn, Virginia authorities say it was 71-year-old Atha Bare that died in a house fire on Monday.
Investigators also now have an idea as to the origin of the fire. They believe it started in the downstairs bedroom.
It happened early Monday morning at a home on Second Street.
According to fire officials, a man and his wife, along with her mother, lived there.
Authorities say the man and woman escaped the fire by climbing out an upstairs window.
They say remains were found in the burning home.
Coeburn Mayor Jess Powers says the American Red Cross is helping the family since the home is a complete loss.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City