COEBURN, Va. - Coeburn, Virginia authorities say it was 71-year-old Atha Bare that died in a house fire on Monday.
Investigators also now have an idea as to the origin of the fire. They believe it started in the downstairs bedroom.
It happened early Monday morning at a home on Second Street.
According to fire officials, a man and his wife, along with her mother, lived there.
Authorities say the man and woman escaped the fire by climbing out an upstairs window.
They say remains were found in the burning home.
Coeburn Mayor Jess Powers says the American Red Cross is helping the family since the home is a complete loss.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect