COEBURN, Va. - Coeburn, Virginia authorities say it was 71-year-old Atha Bare that died in a house fire on Monday.
Investigators also now have an idea as to the origin of the fire. They believe it started in the downstairs bedroom.
It happened early Monday morning at a home on Second Street.
According to fire officials, a man and his wife, along with her mother, lived there.
Authorities say the man and woman escaped the fire by climbing out an upstairs window.
They say remains were found in the burning home.
Coeburn Mayor Jess Powers says the American Red Cross is helping the family since the home is a complete loss.
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated