An evening of alcohol and drugs between friends that spiraled into a shooting in the city of Norton in December led to a no contest plea in Wise County Circuit Court.
Timothy Wade Lemay, 50, received a 4-year, 6-month sentence, according to a report from Commonwealth's Attorney Chuck Slemp issued Wednesday.
The victim was found in the breezeway of an apartment complex Dec. 1 with a gunshot wound to the stomach. He told officers that he and Lemay had been drinking and taking meth that evening, the report said.
The two then began arguing after they had been shooting a gun in a nearby field and while wrestling with the weapon it discharged. Slemp said the victim yelled out "I love you, buddy," to Lemay as he was being wheeled to the ambulance.
- Police: Multiple officers injured after shooting in Georgia
- Science Hill parents react to news of former booster president stealing money
- Speedway in Lights illuminating the night sky for opening night
- Speedway in Lights: new light displays and old favorites
- Sullivan County breaks ground on new middle school; changes coming for Kingsport schools