A man reported missing along the Route 23 corridor in Wise County has been located, the Virginia State Police said Friday.
Jerry R. Long was found walking near the Route 23 / Route 58 area of Scott County just after 10 a.m. Friday morning. His family members had told police that Long had not been seen since Wednesday.
Long is from Big Stone Gap and had last been seen in the Jasper community of Lee County, police reported. His car had been located and bloodhounds were used in the investigation.
- New Homes with a heart: local United Way initiative offers shelter for families in need
- New Parents urged to take a look at "Trouble in Toyland" report before Christmas shopping
- Mosheim's Blue Springs Lutheran Church added to National Register of Historical Places
- Derailed coal train had Michigan utility plant destination
- The legacy of Farm and Fun Time