The Wise County, Virginia Sheriff's Office released the names of four of the five individuals Wednesday that were arrested last weekend following a violent disturbance at the Flatwoods Job Corp center near Coeburn.
Amad Creekmore, 20, of Portsmouth, Kashawn Bryant, 20, of Washington, D.C., Latiere Smith, 24, of Lynchburg, and Esean Powell, 18, of Portsmouth were all charged with assault and battery after multiple law enforcement agencies diffused the situation on April 30, according to the report.
A 17-year-old juvenile was also arrested. His charges and identity were not released.
The county's 911 center received a call from the Job Corp just after 10:30 p.m. Saturday, reporting a fight and possible riot taking place. A deputy and town of Coeburn officer arrived and saw 40 people near the facility's dormitories fighting and verbally arguing, the report said.
An officer with the St. Paul Police Department arrived and deployed a K-9 officer, de-escalating the event. More support personnel from law enforcement including officers from the Virginia State Police also came to the scene to restore order, the office reported.
- School board facing time, money constraints to renovate Jonesborough school
- RECALL ALERT: Driving with defects
- Coal spill cleanup underway
- NEW DETAILS: Law enforcement official could be witness in Sullivan Co. shooting investigation
- 9-year-old who wanted cards for 'last Christmas' succumbs to cancer