WISE COUNTY, Va. - There's been a drug round-up in Wise County.
The Wise County Sheriff's office says local police joined state and federal law enforcement for "Operation Up In Smoke."
Officers targeted local businesses they say were selling synthetic drugs, commonly known as Bath Salts.
Authorities searched seven businesses and one home, with the owners' consent.
Officers say they recovered thousands of packages of synthetic drugs, tens of thousands of dollars in cash, along with firearms and illegal alcohol.
Deputies have not yet named any suspects.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests