WISE COUNTY, Va. - There's been a drug round-up in Wise County.
The Wise County Sheriff's office says local police joined state and federal law enforcement for "Operation Up In Smoke."
Officers targeted local businesses they say were selling synthetic drugs, commonly known as Bath Salts.
Authorities searched seven businesses and one home, with the owners' consent.
Officers say they recovered thousands of packages of synthetic drugs, tens of thousands of dollars in cash, along with firearms and illegal alcohol.
Deputies have not yet named any suspects.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting