WISE COUNTY, Va. - There's been a drug round-up in Wise County.
The Wise County Sheriff's office says local police joined state and federal law enforcement for "Operation Up In Smoke."
Officers targeted local businesses they say were selling synthetic drugs, commonly known as Bath Salts.
Authorities searched seven businesses and one home, with the owners' consent.
Officers say they recovered thousands of packages of synthetic drugs, tens of thousands of dollars in cash, along with firearms and illegal alcohol.
Deputies have not yet named any suspects.
- Updated Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated