WISE COUNTY, Va. - There's been a drug round-up in Wise County.
The Wise County Sheriff's office says local police joined state and federal law enforcement for "Operation Up In Smoke."
Officers targeted local businesses they say were selling synthetic drugs, commonly known as Bath Salts.
Authorities searched seven businesses and one home, with the owners' consent.
Officers say they recovered thousands of packages of synthetic drugs, tens of thousands of dollars in cash, along with firearms and illegal alcohol.
Deputies have not yet named any suspects.
- New Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College
- New Volunteers needed to build home for family in Unicoi County
- Greene County Workhouse women's choir lifting spirits
- Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- YWCA helping girls get ready for prom