NORTON, Va. - A Southwest Virginia man faces charges after police say he shot a woman.
Melquan Huntley was arrested and charged Monday.
Police say the charges stem from a call last Wednesday night to a home in Green's Mobile Home Park.
Police say a woman was found in the back bedroom of a home with a bullet wound to the head.
Police tell us their investigation led to Huntley as the alleged shooter.
He was charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm and unlawful shooting of a person in the commission of a felony.
Norton Police said Tuesday morning the victim is alive, but would not give any more specifics about her condition.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend