NORTON, Va. - A Southwest Virginia man faces charges after police say he shot a woman.
Melquan Huntley was arrested and charged Monday.
Police say the charges stem from a call last Wednesday night to a home in Green's Mobile Home Park.
Police say a woman was found in the back bedroom of a home with a bullet wound to the head.
Police tell us their investigation led to Huntley as the alleged shooter.
He was charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm and unlawful shooting of a person in the commission of a felony.
Norton Police said Tuesday morning the victim is alive, but would not give any more specifics about her condition.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death