NORTON, Va. - A Southwest Virginia man faces charges after police say he shot a woman.
Melquan Huntley was arrested and charged Monday.
Police say the charges stem from a call last Wednesday night to a home in Green's Mobile Home Park.
Police say a woman was found in the back bedroom of a home with a bullet wound to the head.
Police tell us their investigation led to Huntley as the alleged shooter.
He was charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm and unlawful shooting of a person in the commission of a felony.
Norton Police said Tuesday morning the victim is alive, but would not give any more specifics about her condition.
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough