WISE COUNTY, Va. - Two people have been indicted on murder charges in the death of two-year old Emma Marie Baldwin.
We called the Wise County Commonwealth's Attorney office and learned Juwan Moore was arraigned on a capital murder charge and two counts of felony child abuse.
Emma's mother, Brandi Baldwin, faces one count of second degree murder and three counts of child abuse.
The Commonwealth's Attorney's office would not release information on the findings from a state medical examiner report, only saying they are moving forward with the charges.
On October 19 (click here to read story), the Wise County Sheriff's Department received a phone call from Pole Bridge Road about an infant not breathing. The infant, Emma Marie Baldwin, was taken to Norton Community Hospital and then transferred to Knoxville, where she died a few days later.
Brandi Baldwin and Juwan Moore are being held without bond in a regional jail.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect