BIG STONE GAP, Va. - A local man stopped at a store to buy hot dog buns and won $150,000 from the Virginia Lottery.
David Harkleroad is from Big Stone Gap, Virginia. He said he was on his way home from work when he stopped at a convenience store for some hot dog buns.
He decided to cash in $15 worth of winning tickets, and used that money to buy three more.
One of those tickets was a winner. Harkleroad said his whole body started shaking as he claimed his prize, and he couldn't wait to get home to tell his wife.
He bought the ticket at the FasMart on U.S. Highway 23 in Big Stone Gap.
By the way, he says he intends to use his winnings to pay his mortgage.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities