A paramedic for Sandy Ridge Rescue Squad, which serves parts of Dickenson County and Wise County, has been charged with disorderly conduct and assault and battery on an emergency medical services personnel provider.
The charges stem from an incident where EMS was called for a 14-year-old who had an ATV accident in the Fairview Road area of Wise County. Officers said that witnesses on the scene claimed Willie Jean Meade began yelling at personnel for taking over the call.
According to a report, Meade assaulted a paramedic and the victim’s father.
- Kingsport Fire Dept. mobile units help FunFest goers beat the heat
- Ohio mother who lost daughter to drug overdose travels country, stops in Bristol
- BVU's Optinet employees attend board meeting to voice concerns
- Man charged following pursuit in Washington County, Virginia
- Police in search of burglars caught on camera